Registered Nurse is responsible to provide care for cancer patients and those who are at risk for getting the disease. You will assume responsibility for chemotherapy drug preparation and administration in order to assure quality patient care and maintain the highest standards of patient and personal safety.
- Assesses plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care for patients during a clinic visit.
- Performs phlebotomy, as well as insertion of peripheral intravenous catheter for patients, undergoes chemotherapy, hydration and other procedures such as CT scan and PET SCAN.
- Closely maintained and managed central lines (port-a-cath, Hickman’s line and PICC) including patients and families education on the care of central catheters.
- Dispensing of oral and IV medications
- Preparing and administrating cytotoxic drugs according to documentation standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides information and teaches patients and families, as well as evaluates the outcomes of the teaching.
- Manage the booking of appointments and referrals and handle incoming emails
- Process patients billing
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with patients, patients’ families and colleagues.
- Attend to patient feedback and enquiry. Provides information and service recovery.
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of the clinic.
- Ensure nursing supplies availability such as regular stock take, verifying receipt from supplies and placing orders if required.
- Maintain yearly CPR certification
- Perform registration, payment administrative duties relating to patients
- Handling incoming calls/enquiries and transfer to others when appropriate
- Assist in other ad-hoc duties.
Requirement, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor of Science (Nursing), Registered Nurse Certificate or equivalent as approved by the Singapore Nursing Board (SNB)
- 3 year’s experience in Private specialist clinic setting
- Able to work in a dynamic environment as well as being flexible and open to changes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS-Office for words and excel
- Knowledge of Plato system will be an advantage
- Compassionate, positive and caring nature
- Ability to independently follow clinic procedures and job instruction and use good judgment in determining when assistance is needed.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills